Do you want to know how to turn yellow teeth white? There are many different ways that people have found, but the most common is using Photoshop. In this guide, we will walk through the steps of two methods to change your yellow teeth into pearly whites in a few short minutes!
How to Whiten Teeth in Photoshop
The Beginner Method
The first thing you need to do is open up the photo in Photoshop. For this, make sure that the teeth are what you want to focus on and not something else (such as hair or clothing). You should be able to see where your cursor turns into a hand icon with a small circle at its center when it hovers over the area you want to select.
– Next, create a new layer by going to “Layer” and then click on the small tab with an arrow next to it that says “New Layer” in order to create this blank space for anything else that we might need access to later on without destroying the original photo.
– The next step is to use the eraser tool in order to paint the teeth green. This will make it easier for us when we change them later on, because Photoshop knows that what you are painting is supposed to be something other than skin tone, so it changes the color automatically.
– Now all we have left to do is go back and change the color of the teeth by clicking on their thumbnail and then selecting the paint bucket tool. The only thing we have to do now is select a new color!
– Go ahead and change both “Hue” and “Saturation” until you like what you see, but make sure not to increase it too much or else your photo will be too light and you will lose the details.
– After that, just save and it’s done! You now have a photo with bright white teeth without having to use any of those expensive tooth whitening products out there.
The Somewhat Advanced Method
This whitening method is different from the first in that your primary focus will involve adjusting the hues and color range, both of which are located in the same window panel. If you’re a beginner Photoshop user who would like to sharpen your skills, this method is great for teaching you how to manipulate colors in your images so that you can get the best possible result.
Adjust the Hues
The first thing you need to do is select the right shade of color that you want to work with.
- Go to the adjustment panel and to the “Hue” section.
- Go down until you find the saturation slider, which is located under the “Hue” section. Click on that to bring up your color palette in reds, oranges, yellows and greens.
- Click on the Hand tool, and then choose the color you want to modify.
- Move the Hue and the Saturation all the way to the right to see which is being affected by the changes.
- Now you need to make the color range narrower. Adjust the range slider by clicking and holding down its middle. Move the range slider to the left and to the right until you get the result you want. Be careful not to go too far in either direction because you might change the color of the gums, which you don’t want to do.
- Hold down the right side of the range and make it larger by moving it to the right until every tooth is selected. The selection may look harsh and ragged.
- To create a smoother edge, move the outer left-hand slider to the left and the inner left-hand slider to the right until you achieve the smooth coverage that you want.
Whitening the Teeth
Now that you have the color you want, it’s time to apply your adjustments.
- Bring the Saturation and the Hue to the center position.
- Decrease the saturation.
- If you want to brighten the teeth, adjust the Lightness.
How Can I Fix the Discoloration of the Skin?
Your subject’s teeth are whitened, but now you may see a noticeable difference in the color of her skin. This happens from time to time, but it is an easy fix. There are actually two ways to restore the original skin color.
The First Method
Simply select the mask and press Command or Control-I and start painting the teeth. That’s the fast and easy way. The second way involves more steps, but is just as effective.
The Second Method
- Adjust the Hue and the Saturation so you are working with a color that is the opposite of what you want. In this case, we will use green for skin discoloration.
- Change the Lightness to 100%.
- This will make your image look washed out because it’s now too bright. But that’s okay because you’re going to use the Hue, Saturation and Lightness settings to bring it back.
- Let’s begin by lowering the Hue until it looks natural again.
- Lowering the Saturation will make your image look more normal.
There you have it! You have learned two ways to whiten teeth in a photo. It doesn’t matter how bad your photos are. With a few simple changes in Photoshop, they can become spectacular. You don’t have to purchase expensive software or equipment to professionally edit your images anymore, when you use the tips in this article!